Sprinkles on your Mocholatachina espresso
I'll be the first to admit that I don't get Chinese culture as much as I'd like to think that I do. But today, in Starbucks, I have to say what I saw was NOT acceptable behavior for anyone in a major urban environment; I don't care where you're from.
The guy has leather shoes, a lap top and enough money to at least pretend he likes expensive coffee with lots of cream on top.
That's right, he's shaving in the middle of the restaurant!!! I just looked right at him, took a picture and laughed out loud.
The Chinese have a word for this: 没文化. It means "no education/manners/culture." As in: You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Or: You can take Zhou out of the rice paddy and give him a million dollars but that doesn't mean Zhou has any manners.


<< Home